World market for professional appliances
October 2018, I Ed. , 179 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1754.08
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: AP27
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This Report provides information on the world market for professional appliances including:
- Foodservice equipment: including refrigeration, dishwashing, cooking appliances
- Washing machines (Laundry)
- Air conditioning
- Automatic vending machines
The analysis ranks 50 professional appliance manufacturers selected according to their volume of sales. From the point of view of the ownership, 25 of these companies are public listed while 25 are private owned.
Company profiles are available for each of the 50 appliance manufacturers, with information on products manufactured, recent facts, basic data (including total turnover of the last two years, professional appliances turnover and professional appliances share on total production and number of employees) sales breakdown by business, by product and by geographical area, production sites and brands.
In the ranking we can find:
- Multisectorial holding companies where appliances (for home and commercial applications) represent a minor portion of the total turnover (e.g. LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Liebherr, Haier, etc.)
- Large specialist appliances players operating mainly in the home business with a relevant presence in the commercial appliances market (Electrolux, Miele, Whirlpool)
- Specialized companies, with an incidence of professional appliances on the total turnover in excess of 80% (Hoshizaki, Ali, Welbilt-Manitowok, Rational, etc.)
Considering the country of the headquarters, 20 companies are located in the United States, 6 in Japan, 5 in China, 15 of other European countries, 2 from South Korea 1 from Brazil and 1 from Mexico.
NEW: A detailed excel database with all the market figures and international trade by single product code is delivered together with this report. Data are reported both in values (US$) and in quantities (Units). This database enable the user to select and customize data by single code, country and product segment.
World. Market concentration in the Professional and Home appliances business, 2017. % shares
About USD 43 billion of professional appliances have been traded worldwide in 2017.
The product mix includes trade of Refrigerators for around USD 14 billion, Cooking Appliances for around USD 11 billion, Commercial Dishwashers for about USD 1 billion, Washers (Laundry) for another USD 5 billion, Air Conditioners for USD 11 billion and Automatic Vending Machines for almost 1 billion.
After being surpassed by China in the period 2013-2016, in 2017 Italy become again the leading exporter of professional appliances worldwide. Exports performance of Italy has been faster (+3% yearly since 2012) than the one of its direct competitors in Europe (Germany and France).
The market for commercial appliances appears to be less concentrated than the one of home appliances: the 10 leading manufacturers in the commercial appliances business own a 37% market share which lift up to 57% if considering the combined sales of the top 20 manufacturers.
At company level, increasing R&D investments towards IoT and Smart Technologies (commercial food display, connected cooking appliances, remote controls, recipe-programmed cookers, etc.) has been noticed. Several strategic alliances and JV agreements of major players with small, regional brands are helping to enhance the global presence. Companies are reinforcing direct sales channel with commercial agreements (especially foodservice business) and developing custom made solutions.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Research field and working tools; Considered codes: number, name and description; The sample at a glance; Exchange rates, LCU per USD
- PART I: SCENARIO
- Basic data and activity trend
- World. Professional Appliances market. Basic data
- World. Professional appliances market by region. Activity trend
- Competition, Manufacturing locations and employment
- World. Market concentration in the Professional and Home appliances business
- Leading companies. Total sales of professional appliances and Product segments
- Leading brands by segment
- World. Professional appliances. Production facilities location of top 50 players
- Leading companies. Number of employees in the professional appliance business
- Sales by geographical area and leading countries
- World. Professional appliances. Estimated market breakdown by geographical area
- EMEA, America, Asia-Pacific. Leading companies. Total sales of professional appliances
- World. Professional Appliances. Top 10 manufacturers, Top 10 exporters, Top 10 importers, Top 10 consumers
- World trade of professional appliances
- World trade of professional appliances by country/geographical area, 2012 and 2017
- Trade balance of professional appliances, 2012-2017, focus on selected countries
- World. The main exporting and importing countries by segment, 2012-2017: Refrigeration, Commercial cooking, Dishwashing machines commercial, Washing (Laundry), Air conditioning, Automatic vending machinery
- PART II: PROFILES OF MAJOR PROFESSIONAL APPLIANCES MANUFACTURERS WORLDWIDE
- 50 professional appliance manufacturers selected according to their volume of sales: company profiles, information on products manufactured, recent facts, basic data, sales breakdown by business, by product and by geographical area, production sites and brands
- A detailed Excel database with all the market figures and international trade by single product code, country and product segment
Selected companies mentioned:
Ali (Italy), Alliance Laundry (United States), Aucma (China), Daikin (Japan), Electrolux (Sweden), Fujimak (Japan), Girbau (Spain), Haier (China), Henny Penny (United States), ITW (United States), Imbera (Mexico), LG (South Korea), Meiko (Germany), Middleby (United States), MKN (Germany), Miele (Germany), Schulthess (Switzerland), Unox (Italy), Welbilt-Manitowok (United States), Whirlpool (United States).
Share this Market Research