The world mattress industry
July 2020, XVII Ed. , 527 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2600.00 / US$ 3094.26
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W17
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research Report The world mattress industry provides a comprehensive picture of the global mattress sector, through historical series of basic data (production, consumption, imports and exports), mattress market development up to 2021, product trends, international trade flows, profiles and addresses of the leading mattress manufacturers and information on other key players, including retailers and suppliers.
Aim of this study is to offer a complete overview through a comparative analysis by geographical area, by country and by key player, in order to help the user in understanding the future outlook and the global mattress market potential through an insightful analysis of the main sector's statistics.
The report focuses on the 50 most important countries in the mattress sector (Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (China), Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam) and includes international trade of mattress data for further 10 countries, for a total of 60 considered countries.
THE REPORT IS STRUCTURED AS FOLLOWS:
An introduction that reviews the most important aspects affecting the global mattress industry during the first half of 2020 and the expected impact on mattress consumption forecasts for the years 2020 and 2021.
An executive summary that provides insights about the most recent developments and changes in terms of the sector's structure (highlighting the major changes in the last ten years), supply (filling materials trends, sustainability issues, bed-in-a-box trend), and retail (e-commerce and contract segments). A description of the global mattress competitive system is also provided.
Part I deals with production, consumption and international trade of mattresses and includes a section of world mattress industry statistics.
Part II consists of 50 country analysis sections including:
- Trends in production, consumption, imports and exports of mattresses to 2019
- Mattress consumption forecasts 2020-2021
- Origin of imports and exports destination (Trading Partners)
- Socio-economic indicators
- Mattress production by material (available for 24 countries)
- Number of mattresses produced (available for 30 countries)
- Short profiles of leading manufacturers: company name, group, brands, activity, product portfolio, type of mattresses by materials, employees range, if they sell online, website and other information.
- A selection of mattresses retailers (when available)
Part III deals with market players providing detailed profiles of the 32 leading mattresses manufacturers: company information, financial highlights, manufacturing process, distribution system, products, sales performance.
Part IV and Part V contain website addresses of selected mattress industry suppliers (Machinery, Materials -Fabrics, Latex, Polyurethane, Innersprings, Other-, Certification centers and testing laboratories, sector's associations) and full addresses of mattress manufacturing companies mentioned in the report. Overall more than 1700 companies are considered.
Consumption of mattresses and furniture, 2008-2019. Growth rates
The Covid-19 outbreak spreading worldwide at the beginning of 2020 has brought effects on many aspects, affecting the furniture and the mattress markets, both from the demand and the supply side. Well over 100 countries worldwide had instituted either a full or partial lockdown by the end of March 2020, affecting billions of people.
In the last ten years, the world mattress market has been one of the most increasing sectors within the total furniture industry -mattress consumption increased by +43% during the period 2010-2019 actually- and, when compared to past crisis periods, mattress consumption rebounded quicker than other furniture segments.
The Coronavirus pandemic has brought an inevitable decrease in retail sales worldwide. However, there are some aspects to take into consideration. The fast growth of the online mattress sales, that spread both across major and emerging markets in 2019 and, in particular, during the 2020 months of lockdown, together with the popularity of mattress-in-a-box and the increasing focus of consumers on better sleep are among the major drivers that could support the mattress demand in 2020 and the rebounding in 2021 (with different performances among the areas and countries).
With the maintaining of the Chinese market, the Asia Pacific region is forecasted to register a minor drop in 2020, if compared to North America and Europe.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY, INTRODUCTION AND EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Basic data, Product trends, Destination segments
- PART I. CONSUMPTION, PRODUCTION AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF MATTRESSES
- 1.1 Consumption and imports of mattresses
- - Mattress consumption in major markets
- - Import penetration and opening of major markets
- 1.2 Production and exports of mattresses
- - Mattress production in major producing countries
- - Number of units
- - Innerspring and non-innerspring mattresses
- - Major exporting countries. Origin and destination of mattresses
- 1.3 International trade of mattresses
- - International trade of mattresses, 60 countries
- 1.4 Mattress consumption. Scenario
- - Evolution of world GDP
- - Mattress market forecasts up to 2021
- 1.5 World Tables: overview of the world mattress industry, international trade and outlook 2020-2021
- PART II. COUNTRY ANALYSIS. For 50 countries:
- Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (China), Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
- - Production, exports, imports and consumption of mattresses
- - Mattress consumption forecasts 2020-2021
- - Trading partners
- - Socio economic indicators
- - Mattress production by material (when available)
- - Number of mattresses produced (when available)
- - Short profiles of leading manufacturers
- - Mattress retailers (when available)
- PART III. THE MAJOR MATTRESSES MANUFACTURERS WORLDWIDE
- Detailed Profiles of 32 leading producers of mattresses at a global level
- PART IV. MATTRESS INDUSTRY SUPPLIERS
- List and websites of over 600 suppliers of Machinery and Materials (Fabrics, Latex foam, Polyurethane foam, Innersprings, Other) for the mattress industry, Certification centres and testing laboratories, Sector's associations
- LIST OF MENTIONED COMPANIES. Company name and addresses
Selected companies mentioned:
A.H. Beard, Adova Group, Aramis Invest, Boydak, Corsicana, EON Living, Eurocomfort Group, Flex, France Bed Holdings , Harrison Spinks, Hästens Sängar, Healthcare (Mlily), Herval Móveis e Colchões, Hilding Anders, Ikano Industry, Kurlon, Magniflex, Moveis Gazin, Paramount Bed, Pikolin, Recticel Bedding Division, Serta Simmons Bedding, Sheela Foam (Sleepwell), Silentnight Group, Sinomax, Sleep Number Corporation, Tempur Sealy, Xilinmen Group, Yatas Yatak, Zinus.
Share this Market Research
- Furniture retailing in Europe
- The mattress market in China
- Upholstered furniture: world market outlook 2020
- E-commerce in the mattress industry: a world overview
- Sofa Market in Europe
- The upholstered furniture market in the United States
- Furniture distribution in Europe. Part II
- The upholstered furniture industry in Central-Eastern Europe