The UK contract market: furniture and interiors
January 2010, I Ed. , 116 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1890.72
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU.21
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
DescriptionThe contract furniture and furnishings market in the United Kingdom is estimated to total around EUR 2.3 billion, at retail prices. Hotels and hospitality (including bars, restaurants and other leisure) alone account for almost 50% of total contract demand.
The contract segment is expected to have significant prospects for future growth. It is a transversal business in the world of furniture, because it involves all types of products, from upholstered furniture to bedrooms, from seating to lamps, and from office to bathroom, kitchen and outdoor furniture. In the UK there are approximately 500 companies, mainly dealing with furniture and lighting, that operate in this market segment.
About 90,000 people among architects and designers are main vehicles for the UK contract sector’s business. A relevant number of contractors, wholesalers and retailers are also active in this segment.
CSIL Market Research The UK contract market: furniture and interiors offers a comprehensive picture of the contract furniture and furnishings industry in the United Kingdom.
Segments considered are: hotels and hospitality - including restaurants, bar and leisure, property market, education, airports, hospitals and healthcare, marine and others.
Products covered include: contract furniture, office furniture, upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, contract lighting, bathroom furniture and wellness, outdoor furniture.
The analysis of contract furniture distribution covers: architects, interiors designers, specifiers, main contractors, wholesalers and retailers.
Data on selected European manufacturers of contract furniture and contract furnishings are provided, with turnover and market shares.
Addresses of 486 key players operating in the contract furniture and furnishings market and mentioned in the report are also included.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Methodology
- 1.2 Economic outlook ( macroeconomic indicators: population, GDP, inflation, final consumption expenditure of households by consumption purpose) and furniture industry summary: current trends and forecasts
- 2. Demand determinants
- 2.1 Contract furnishings demand by segment (hotel and hospitality - including restaurants, bars and leisure, property market, education, airports, hospitals and healthcare, marine and others)
- 2.2 Hotel and hospitality: hotels and similar establishments, tourists campsites, holiday dwellings, other collective accomodation; thousand of tourists
- 2.3 Restaurants and bars: VAT registration of restaurants, bars, canteens and catering; thousand of employees
- 2.4 Retail: local units and number of employees
- 2.5 Education: number of schools, by type
- 2.6 Marine: shipping turnover, owned and registered fleets
- 2.7 Hospitals and health clinics: available beds by English region and by type
- 2.8 Airports: passengers by UK civil airports
- 2.9 Property market: property transactions completions by region, by type of buyer and range of price
- 3. Supply structure
- 3.1 Furniture industry in the UK: furniture consumption by segment (office furniture, upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, bedroom furniture, dining and living room furniture, non upholstered seats)
- 3.1.1 Contract furniture, office furniture, upholstered furniture: consumption and leading companies in the contract segment
- 3.2 Lighting fixtures: consumption broken down by contract and residential, leading companies in the contract lighting fixtures segment
- 3.2 Bathroom furniture and Wellness: production and consumption by product (bathroom furniture and accessories, shower screens and wellness), consumption broken down by contract and residential, leading companies
- 3.4 Outdoor furniture: production, consumption and international trade of outdoor furniture, consumption broken down by contract and residential
- 3.3 Other interiors decoration
- 4. Purchasing process and key players
- 4.1 Architects, interior designers and specifiers
- 4.1.1 Top 10 UK architecture firms
- 4.2 Main contractors
- 4.2.1 Some leading main contractors operating in the UK
- 4.2.2 Budget responsability in different kind of projects (suppliers of interiors, architectural studios, interiors contractors, general contractors)
- 4.3 Wholesalers and retailers
- 4.3.1 Some leading housewares and household goods wholesales in the UK
- 5. Fairs, media and useful web sites
- 5.1 Fairs
- 5.2 Magazines
- 5.3 Associations
- 5.4 Web Sites
- Appendix: list of useful contacts
Selected companies mentioned:
Ahrend, Airsprung Furniture, Alstons Upholstery, Ansorg, Aqualux Products, Atkins Design Studio, Ballingslöv International, Baumhaus, Bernstein, Blachere Illumination, Bridgman, Capita Architecture, Classic Textiles, Cooper Safety, Dfs Furniture, EFG Office Furniture, English Home, Erco, Etap, Fagerhult, G Plan Upholstery, Gilmore Home Builders, Glamox, Gloster, Groundwork Contractor, Havells Sylvania, Havelock Europa, Haworth Europe, Herman Miller, Holophane Europe, Howden Joinery, iGuzzini, Indal, J&J Ormerod, Jacuzzi, Jdp Furniture, JMT Leather, JT Ellis & Co, Kinnarps, Knoll International, Led Group, Mereway, Moores Furniture, Morgan Contract Furniture, Morris Furniture, Nobia, Performance in Lighting, Philips Lighting, Regency, RUG company, Schréder, Senator International, Sherborne Upholstery, Siteco, Sofa Brands International, Steelcase, Steinhoff Uk Upholstery, Stortford Interiors, Symphony, Targetti Poulsen, Tetrad, Thorpe FW, Universal Furniture Wholesale, Vitra International, Waldmann, Zumtobel
Share this Market Research