The kitchen furniture market in the United States
April 2019, V Ed. , 86 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1761.12
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.34
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report The kitchen furniture market in the United States, now in its sixth edition, offers an in-deep analysis for the kitchen furniture sector, with data on market size and segments, activity trend and forecasts, international trade, distribution system and market shares of the leading players (clustered in six price groups).
Short profiles of the leading US kitchen furniture manufacturers and distributors are also included, together with their market shares.
The analysis of the US kitchen furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, for the period 2013-2018.
The kitchen furniture production in the United States is broken down by style, cabinet door material, countertop material for a sample of companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in the US market covers the following channels: Kitchen specialists, Home improvement, Builders, Contract, and Furniture stores/chains. Reference prices of kitchens sold through these channels are also mentioned.
An overview of the construction and real estate market, as well as figures on population and disposable income in the United States are also included.
The chapter on the competitive system analyses the main companies active in the US kitchen furniture market, providing short company profiles, data on kitchen furniture sales, price range, and market shares. Sales from Europe and China to North America are also included for a sample of companies (approximately 40%-50% of the US imports of kitchen furniture).
A chapter is dedicated to major appliances with data on consumption, activity trend as well as data on reference prices. Cookware and embedded lighting product trends are also mentioned.
A snapshot on the bathroom furniture sector is also given, including market quantification.
A list of the mentioned companies is included.
United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by worktop material in a sample of companies, 2018. % share
In the US kitchen furniture industry: stock cabinets account for more than half of the production; solid wood and lacquered are the most common materials for cabinets, laminate and quartz for countertops.
Between 2013 and 2018, the US kitchen furniture market has grown by an average annual rate of 6.2%. The leading groups Masterbrand Cabinets, American Woodmark, and Masco. each developing around and over USD 1 billion in sales, account for almost 26% of the market value.
The degree of openness of the market is still low in this industry. Import and export incidence on consumption and production, respectively, reported opposite trend. While the export–production ratio slowly declined over the last five years, the incidence of imports has lifted from 8.2% in 2013 to 13.6% in 2018. Over the considered period, imports have grown much faster than the market by an average rate of 17.6% per year. Imports from Europe has now reached a value of around USD 250 million USD, compared to USD 1.5 billion from Asia
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Research Tools, Terminology and methodological notes
- THE KITCHEN FURNITURE SECTOR
- United States. Basic data: production, exports, imports, consumption in value and volume
- United States. Kitchen furniture market broken down by price ranges in value and volume
- ACTIVITY TREND
- United States. Production, exports, imports, consumption: data 2013-2018
- United States. Kitchen furniture broken down by destination in volume
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- United States. Exports and imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2013-2018
- SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- Product breakdown
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by type of cabinet: stock, semi-custom, custom
- Style, materials and colours
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by style: traditional, transitional, modern/design
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by cabinet material
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by worktop material
- Manufacturing presence
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Number of establishments by State
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Employment and costs, 2012-2016
- - United States. Leading kitchen furniture manufacturers by number of employees, 2014-2016-2018
- - United States. Consumption of major appliances, 2013-2017
- Distribution by State
- - United States. Per capita personal consumption expenditure by state, 2017
- - United States. Median Household Income, 2017
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Estimated consumption by State, 2018
- Distribution channels
- - United States. Breakdown kitchen furniture sales by distribution channel in a sample of companies
- - United States. Selection of kitchen specialists and showrooms in the main cities
- - United States. Top 50 architecture/design consulting firms
- - Furniture stores and main furniture chains
- Prices ; Kitchen Remodelling process ; Payment options
- Kitchen furniture sales and production in the USA
- - United States. Total sales of kitchen furniture in a sample of leading companies
- - United States. Total kitchen furniture production in a sample of leading US companies
- - United States. Total sales of kitchen furniture in a sample of leading companies by price range (low, midle low, middle, upper middle, upper, luxury)
- FOCUS ON: BATHROOM FURNITURE
- DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- Construction activity, Macroeconomic indicators, Demographics features
- TRADE FAIRS, MAGAZINES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- LIST OF LEADING KITCHEN AND BATHROOM MANUFACTURERS AND RETAILERS
Selected companies mentioned:
AC Products, American Woodmark, Barbosa, Bertch, Boffi, Borcci (Fotile), Bridgewood, Cabico, Cambria, Canyon Creek, Crystal, Dura, Elkay, Fabuwood, Fotile, GoldenHome, Hettich, Home Depot, Ikea, Kitchen Kompact, Leicht, Marsh Furniture, Masco, Masterbrand Cabinets, Mosian, Norcraft, Oppein, Pedini, Plain & Fancy, Poggenpohl, Poliform, RSI Home Products, Scavolini, Skyline, Snaidero, U.S. Cabinet Depot, Wellborn, Wood-Mode, Zboom
Share this Market Research