The Italian market for kitchen furniture
April 2019, XXXVII Ed. , 101 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1761.12
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Language: Italian - Report in Italian language only
Report Code: IT05
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report offers a comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in Italy, providing data and trends of kitchen furniture production and consumption, imports and exports. Kitchen furniture prices, marketing policies, distribution system and main players are also considered as well as the value and weight of the built-in appliances on the kitchen furniture sales.
The report provides a breakdown of supply, of kitchen furniture by cabinet door material, (solid wood, veneer, laminated, decorative paper, thermoplastics, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass), style, (classic, country, modern basic, modern, design, hi-tech), color, (white, bright, neutral), lacquering (bright, opaque), and by worktop material (solid surface materials, natural and engineered stone, laminated, tiles, steel and aluminium, wood, glass).
A breakdown of Italian kitchen furniture exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area of origin/destination.
Trends of kitchen factory prices, data on productive concentration, and employment are also provided, as well as the main financial indicators for a sample of companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in Italy covers the following distribution channels: direct sales/contract, kitchen specialists, furniture shops, buying groups large scale furniture chains.
The competitive system analyses the presence (sales data, market shares and short company profiles) of the major kitchen furniture manufacturers on the domestic market (as a whole and by geographical area), on the foreign market and by average factory price.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and the built-in appliances sold through this channel. An overview is dedicated to the sales of major appliances by category (sinks, hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers).
An address list of almost 80 Italian kitchen furniture companies is also included.ü
Kitchen furniture. Export performance and degree of openness of the market , 2008-2018. Euro million and export / production percentage ratio
In 2018, the Italian production of kitchen furniture increased by 4.6% in value and 3.6% in quantity, reaching the value of almost 2.5 billion Eur.
Approximately 680,000 kitchens were sold in Italy during 2018. From the export side, it is worth mentioning that the growth rate in value was +5.9% (Europe: 5.8%).
Relevant growth rates were registered by Scavolini, Boffi, Dada, Poliform (especially on the exporting markets), Lube (especially in Italy), Gruppo Turi, Veneta Cucine, Stosa, Snaidero.
First price and mid-upper where the segment registering the best performances.
The Italian kitchen has more and more a new look, and the incidence of countertops on the final price of the kitchen is growing from 10% to 15%.
Most of the Italian leaders in the kitchen furniture industry register EBITDA ratios among 5% and 9%.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The kitchen furniture market in Italy: basic data
- Kitchen furniture. Basic data: Production, exports, imports, consumption
- Production and consumption by price range, in value and in volume (6 price ranges considered)
- Activity Trend
- Kitchen furniture production and consumption, 2008-2018. Eur million and Thousand units
- Trend of kitchen furniture factory prices, 2008-2018. Percentage changes
- International trade
- Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2013-2018
- Financial Analysis
- Profitability indicators: EBITDA, ROE, ROA (2013-2017) for a sample of companies
- Productivity indicators: Revenues and Added value per capita, Employment trends, Unit labor costs (2013-2017) for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by materials and styles
- Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material and colour: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by worktop material: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by kitchen style: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Distribution channels
- Kitchen furniture consumption in Italian regions and provinces
- Consumption by distribution channels: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Sales points in Italy and abroad in a sample of companies
- Average domestic / foreign turnover per sale point and number of sales points in Italy / abroad in a sample of companies
- Main furniture chains
- Kitchen furniture and built-in appliances
- Incidence of built-in appliances on the kitchen furniture sales (sinks, hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers)
- Competitive system
- Top 50 Italian kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Number of kitchens sold in a sample of companies, 2013-2018
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares of the top 50 companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy by geographical region in a sample of companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares by price range (luxury, upper end, middle-upper end, middle end, middle-low end, low end) of the main companies
- Kitchen furniture exports and market shares of the top 50 italian companies
- Appendix I: Demand drivers
- Appendix II: Addresses of the major Italian kitchen furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Aran, Arc Linea, Armony, Arredo 3, Arrital, Aster, Arrex, Boffi, Cesar, Colombini, Cubo Design, Dada, Diesis, Doimo, Euromobil, Gentili, Gicinque Cucine, Häcker, Home, Ikea, Imab, Laboratorio Mattoni, Lube, Magnolia due, Maior Cucine, Marchi, Marinelli, Modulnova, Mondo Convenienza, Nobilia, Officine Gullo, Pedini, Poliform, Rifra, Sbabo Cucine, Scavolini, Schueller, Scic, Snaidero, Stosa, Torchetti Cucine, Turi Gruppo, Valcucine, Veneta, Visionnaire, Vitali Cucine, Zampieri.
Share this Market Research