The Italian market for kitchen furniture
May 2020, XXXVIII Ed. , 112 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1964.16
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Language: Italian - Report in Italian language only
Report Code: IT05
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report offers a comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in Italy, providing data and trends of kitchen furniture production and consumption, imports and exports. Kitchen furniture prices, marketing policies, distribution system and main players are also considered as well as the value and weight of the built-in appliances on the kitchen furniture sales.
The report provides a breakdown of supply, of kitchen furniture by cabinet door material, (solid wood, veneer, laminated, thermoplastics, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass), style, (classic, country, modern, design, hi-tech), color, (white, bright, neutral, wood look), lacquering (bright, opaque), and by worktop material (solid surface materials, natural and engineered stone, laminated, slabs, steel and aluminium, wood, glass).
A breakdown of Italian kitchen furniture exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area of origin/destination.
Trends of kitchen factory prices, data on productive concentration, and employment are also provided, as well as the main financial indicators for a sample of companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in Italy covers the following distribution channels: direct sales/contract, kitchen specialists, furniture shops, buying groups large scale furniture chains.
The competitive system analyses the presence (sales data, market shares and short company profiles) of the major kitchen furniture manufacturers on the domestic market (as a whole and by geographical area), on the foreign market and by average factory price.
Short company profiles of the top kitchen furniture manufacturers are also included.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and the built-in appliances sold through this channel. An overview is dedicated to the sales of major appliances by category (sinks, hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers).
An address list of almost 80 Italian kitchen furniture companies is also included.
Kitchen furniture consumption in Italy by distribution channel, 2019.Percentage share
In 2020, Italian manufacturers of kitchen furniture will register a probable drop in sales in the national market in the order of 12%, but most of them have the technological, organizational, human and financial potential to participate in a recovery process of the market which will be completed in no less than two years.
The top ten companies in the sector control around 60% of production and in 2019 they consolidated their positions both in Italy and abroad.
Among others, we observe a sustained growth in kitchen furniture production for Veneta and Arredo 3, in sales in Italy for Lube, Turi and Stosa, in the foreign markets for Snaidero, Boffi, Poliform. In the domestic market, large-scale distribution (both Mondo Convenienza and Ikea) has further increased its market share.
An element of wealth in Italian kitchens remains the close relationship with the built-in appliance industry (which affects about 27% of sales by kitchen manufacturers in the national market).
On average, the kitchen companies operate on the national territory with almost 430 stores and with another 180 abroad. Compared to the evolution of the offer, the main trends that emerged in 2019 and in the first months of 2020 include: an ever increasing role of technology, the increase in investments in a sustainable perspective, the introduction of PET for finishing the doors, the growing presence of larger container modules including special wardrobes and the appearance of outdoor kitchen models
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The kitchen furniture market in Italy: basic data
- Production and consumption, exports and imports of kitchen furniture
- Production and consumption by price range, in value and in volume (6 price ranges considered)
- Activity Trend
- Kitchen furniture production and consumption in Italy, 2009-2019. Eur million and Thousand units
- Trend of kitchen furniture factory prices, 2009-2019. Percentage changes
- Economic indicators and forecasts of kitchen consumption in Italy, 2020-2023
- International trade
- Export and import performance of kitchens and degree of market opening, 2009-2019. Eur million and percentage ratios for exports / production, imports / consumption
- Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2014-2019
- Main destination countries for Italian kitchen furniture exports and main origin countries of imports
- Financial Analysis
- Profitability indicators: EBITDA, ROE, ROA (2013-2017) for a sample of companies
- Financial structure indicators and productivity indicators (2014-2018) for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by materials and styles
- Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material and colour: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by worktop material: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by kitchen style: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Distribution channels
- Kitchen furniture consumption by Italian regions and provinces
- Consumption by distribution channel: sector estimates and for a sample of companies
- Sales points in Italy and abroad in a sample of companies
- Average domestic / foreign turnover per sale point and number of sales points in Italy / abroad in a sample of companies
- Main furniture chains
- Kitchen furniture and built-in appliances
- Incidence of built-in appliances on the kitchen furniture sales (sinks, hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers)
- Competitive system
- Top 50 Italian kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Number of kitchens sold in a sample of companies, 2014-2019
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares of the top 50 companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy by geographical region in a sample of companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares by price range (luxury, upper end, middle-upper end, middle end, middle-low end, low end) of the main companies
- Kitchen furniture exports and market shares of the top 50 italian companies
- Appendix: Addresses of the major Italian kitchen furniture companies mentioned in the Report
Selected companies mentioned:
Aran, Arc Linea, Armony, Arredo 3, Arrital, Aster, Atma, Boffi, Cesar, Colombini, Composad, Cubo Design, Dada, Diesis, Doimo Cucine, Euromobil, Gentili, Gicinque, Häcker, Home, Ikea, Imab, Lago, Lube, Maior Cucine, Marchi Cucine, Marinelli, Meson's, Modulnova, Mondo Convenienza, Nobilia, Pedini, Poliform, Rifra, Sbabo, Scavolini, Schueller, Siematic, Snaidero, Stosa, Torchetti, Turi, Valcucine, Veneta, Zampieri, Zecchinon.
Share this Market Research