The Italian market for kitchen furniture
March 2021, XXXIX Ed. , 108 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1890.72
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Language: Italian - Report in Italian language only
Report Code: IT05
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report The Italian market for kitchen furniture was prepared using the following tools, as usual:
- Direct interviews with a sample of 50 Italian and European producers chosen on the basis of economic, geographical and dimensional parameters, which covers approximately 75% of the overall offer;
- Corporate balance sheets of the companies included in the sample but also of other companies that do not collaborate to the direct survey;
- Official documentation relating to economic and sector data available for 2019 and 2020;
- Statistical data from ISTAT and Eurostat sources relating to the international trade of kitchen furniture.
And for the first time, the following tools were also used:
- Interviews with about 200 primary sales outlets in the sector;
- Geolocation analysis of distribution in 40 sample provinces.
The report offers a comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in Italy, providing trends and forecasts of kitchen furniture production and consumption, imports and exports by the main country of origin/destination, prices, marketing policies, distribution system, sales data and market shares of the main players. The report also considers the incidence of built-in appliances on the value of kitchen sales.
Kitchen production data are broken down by cabinet door material (solid wood, veneer, laminated, thermoplastics, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass), style (classic, country, modern, design, hi-tech), color (white, bright, neutral, wood look), and by worktop material (solid surface materials, natural and engineered stone, laminated, slabs, steel and aluminium, wood, glass).
Trends of kitchen factory prices, data on productive concentration and employment are also provided, as well as the main financial indicators (profitability indicators, financial structure and productivity indicators) for selected companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in Italy covers the following distribution channels: direct sales/contract, kitchen specialists, furniture shops, buying groups, large scale furniture chains.
The competitive system analyses the presence (sales data, market shares and short company profiles) of the major Italian kitchen furniture manufacturers on the domestic market (as a whole and by geographical area), on the foreign market and by average factory price (Low, Middle-Low, Middle, Middle-Upper, Upper, Luxury).
An address list of almost 90 Italian kitchen furniture companies is also included.
Kitchen sales breakdown by door material, 2018-2020 . % of the number of kitchens sold
In 2020, the Italian kitchen furniture production amounted to approximately 969 thousand units, for a value of 2,353 Euro million at factory prices. The value of kitchen furniture consumption amounts to 1,620 Euro million, at factory prices. In quantity, it corresponds to approximately 650 thousand units. A relatively positive forecast, given the global socio-economic and health context, if compared to the April forecast, when a double-digit decline in the national market was predicted.
The top ten Italian manufacturers of kitchen furniture control around 60% of total production. The concentration of the market has been gradually increasing in recent years and the share held by leading companies has increased by around six percentage points compared to 2015
Abstract of Table of Contents
- The kitchen furniture market in Italy: basic data
- Production and consumption, exports and imports of kitchen furniture
- Production and consumption by price range, in value and in volume (6 price ranges considered)
- Localization of the Italian kitchen furniture offer
- Activity Trend
- Trend of kitchen furniture production and consumption in Italy, 2010-2020. Eur million and Thousand units
- Potential demand indicators, 2015-2020
- Economic indicators and forecasts of kitchen furniture consumption in Italy, 2021-2024
- International trade
- Italian export and import performance of kitchens and degree of market opening, 2010-2020. Eur million and percentage ratios
- Main destination countries for Italian kitchen furniture exports and main origin countries of imports, 2015-2020
- Financial Analysis
- Profitability indicators: EBITDA, EBIT, ROE, ROA (2015-2019) for a sample of companies
- Financial structure indicators and productivity indicators (2015-2019) for a sample of companies
- Employment trend and unit labor costs in a sample of Italian companies
- Breakdown of supply by materials and styles
- Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material and colour: sector estimates and data for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by worktop material: sector estimates and data for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by kitchen style: sector estimates and data for a sample of companies
- Kitchen furniture: some favorite models
- Distribution channels
- Kitchen furniture consumption by Italian regions and provinces
- Kitchen furniture consumption by distribution channel: sector estimates and data for a sample of companies
- Sales points in Italy and abroad in a sample of companies
- Average domestic / foreign turnover per sale point and number of sales points in Italy / abroad in a sample of companies
- Price of a kitchen and related expenses
- The use of social networks by distributors
- Main furniture chains
- Kitchen furniture and built-in appliances
- Incidence of built-in appliances on the kitchen furniture sales
- Built-in appliances: some favorite models
- Competitive system
- Top 50 Italian kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy, total and by geographical region and market shares of the top 50 companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares by price range (luxury, upper end, middle-upper end, middle end, middle-low end, low end) of the main companies
- Kitchen furniture exports and market shares of the top 50 italian companies
- Appendix: Addresses of the major Italian kitchen furniture companies mentioned in the Report
Selected companies mentioned:
Aran, Arc Linea, Armony, Arredo 3, Arrital, Asso, Aster, Atma, Boffi, Cappellini, Cesar, Colombini, Cubo Design, Dada, Dan Kuechen, Diesis, Doimo Cucine, Effeti, Euromobil, Fioritelli, Gentili, Gicinque, Ikea, Imab, Lago, Lube, Marchi Cucine, Marinelli, Meson's, Mittel, Modulnova, Mondo Convenienza, Nobilia, Pedini, Poliform, Sbabo, Scavolini, Schmidt, Snaidero, Stosa, Torchetti, Turi, Valcucine, Veneta Cucine, Zampieri, Zecchinon
Share this Market Research