The furniture industry in Australia and New Zealand
October 2005, IV Ed. , 155 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 800.00 / US$ 893.92
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W.9
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report provides trends in furniture production, furniture consumption, furniture distribution in Australia and New Zealand. Imports and exports of furniture are analysed as well as furniture distribution systems and furniture prices. Data on furniture producers and distributors are provided for both countries.
Furniture production is broken down by product (kitchen furniture, bedrooms, other home furniture, office furniture, contract furniture) and by state. Data on the most representative Australian and New Zealand furniture manufacturers are available (turnover, employees, segment of activity).
Furniture consumption is broken down by product (bedrooms, dining rooms, garden furniture, other home furniture) and by state. A profile of the furniture consumer is outlined for both the Australian and the New Zealand market. The analysis of furniture distribution channels comprises: specialist dealers and retailers, department stores, large furniture retailers, discount stores.
Furniture exports and imports are broken down by country and product (office furniture, kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture, bedroom furniture, living room furniture, non-upholstered seats, seats parts, other furniture, furniture parts) for both countries.
Opportunities on the Australian and New Zealand market are examined and prospects for the furniture market are provided. Main wood and furniture fairs are presented.
The wood and forestry industry is also considered: consumption, production and import-export data are provided for the main semi-finished wood products (sawnwood, wood-based panels, plywood, veneer sheets, particle board panels, fibreboard panels, MDF).
An appendix of about 270 addresses of Australian and New Zealand furniture manufacturers, distributors, importers and associations is also available.
Among the considered products: household furniture, office furniture, contract furniture, kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture, bedroom furniture, living room furniture, outdoor & garden furniture, lounge, non-upholstered seats, seating parts, furniture parts, metal furniture, wooden furniture, sawnwood, wood-based panels, plywood, veneer sheets, particle board panels, fibreboard panels, MDF, wood working machinery.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- FOR AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
- Furniture industry summary
- Furniture production, consumption, imports, exports, 1996-2004
- Economic indicators, furniture consumption forecasts, main furniture trading partners
- Forest resources, semi-finished wood products, technology
- Forest resources basic data
- Production, imports, exports and consumption of semi-finished wood products
- Woodworking machinery imports and exports
- Sector fairs
- The furniture sector: basic data and performance
- Trends in the furniture sector (1996-2004): production, consumption, imports, exports
- Furniture supply structure
- Furniture production by product
- Furniture consumption
- Consumer prices
- Furniture demand and distribution channels
- Factors determining the demand for furniture
- Furniture distribution channels
- Company profiles of leading furniture distributors
- Furniture fairs
- Leading furniture companies
- Major furniture manufacturers: turnover, product type
- Company profiles of leading furniture manufacturers
- International trade of furniture
- Furniture exports and imports by country and product:
- - office furniture
- - kitchen furniture
- - upholstered furniture
- - non-upholstered seats
- - bedroom furniture
- - seats parts
- - furniture parts
- addresses of about 270 furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
AKD Softwoods, Altrend International Ltd, Barda Furniture Ltd, Benton's Country Kitchens, Chiswell Furniture Pty Ltd, Clegg Bros 1974 Ltd, Deklan Tubular Design, Deorr Furniture Ltd, Eastgate Furniture, Ej Treacher Ltd, Forty Winks Franchising Pty Ltd, Furnware Industries, Goodwood Industries Ltd, Gregory Industries Ltd, Harvey Norman Holdings Limited, Howard Wright Ltd, Hycraft, Impala Kitchens, JR Furniture, Juken Nissho Ltd, Kitchens on the Move Pty, Komfit Furniture Ltd, Laceys Ply & Wood Products Pty Ltd, Lomak Furniture Ltd, MGA Furniture, Morbark Ltd, National Furniture Industries Pty Ltd, Nz Seating Limited, Outdoor Megastore, Pfitzner Furniture, Pikes Quality Furniture, Ramler Furniture, Robert Grice Furniture Ltd, Salamander Enterprises Ltd, Sheldon Commercial Interiors, Taupo Furniture, TesSAFurniture, Ufl Group, Veneer Panels Pty Ltd, Vinthy International Ltd, Warwick, Wenita Forest Products Ltd
Share this Market Research