The European market for office furniture
June 2021, XXXIII Ed. , 269 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 4135.95
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU02
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The CSIL Report The European market for office furniture, now at its 33rd edition, provides a comprehensive and detailed picture of the office furniture sector in Europe (30 countries) through historical series of basic data (production, consumption, imports and exports) up to 2020, office furniture consumption forecasts 2021 and 2022, performance and market shares of the leading office furniture manufacturers, analysis by product categories, distribution, trends and comments on the general transformation of the office furniture sector.
MARKET EVOLUTION, FORECASTS AND FIGURES BY COUNTRY
The Report includes 2015-2020 values of production, consumption, imports and exports of office furniture in Europe and for 30 considered countries. Trends in the office furniture prices by country, data on employment and turnover per employee are also provided.
For all the considered countries: 2021 and 2022 office furniture consumption forecasts.
KEY PLAYERS IN THE EUROPEAN OFFICE FURNITURE SECTOR AND THEIR MARKET SHARES
Sales data and market shares are provided for the leading European office furniture manufacturers. Company sales are also broken down by country and by segment (seating, desking systems, executive office furniture, filing systems/storage, wall-to-wall units, meeting rooms and communal areas).
Extra-European sales: Office furniture sales in Extra-European Union and Russia, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America, Central-South America and Africa are provided for a sample of European companies.
Also included: addresses of about 300 office furniture companies.
SUPPLY STRUCTURE AND PRODUCT TYPE ANALYSIS
Analysis of the office furniture production by product segment: seating: operative chairs with or without castors, soft benching/sofas, executive chairs, folding/stackable chairs and stools/other; operative desking systems: adjustable and not adjustable, free-standing and panel based; executive office furniture; filing systems/storage (mass storage and complex archiving systems, Filing drawers/pedestals, lockers, side units/vertical files, bookcases/shelves); walls/partitions and acoustic products (Wall units/high partitions floor to ceiling, equipped walls, mobile/free standing screens&desk screens, acoustic panels/ceiling suspended or wall mounted, acoustic booths/phone booths); furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas.
The study also analyses the incidence of HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE TABLES (HAT) in Europe, production of sit-standing desks by the main country/region and breakdown of desking supply between fixed and height adjustable, in a sample of companies.
MARKET AND DISTRIBUTION
The analysis of office furniture distribution channels by country covers: direct sales, office specialists, non-specialists and others. A breakdown of office furniture sales by distribution channel is available for the top companies.
FOCUS ON: SWIVEL CHAIRS. A detailed analysis of office seating volumes and brand positioning. The number and the performance of swivel chairs sold in 2019 and 2020 and brand positioning by average net price are given for seven major countries (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland and Sweden). Values include both products manufactured in Europe and products imported from extra-European countries.
WORKING FROM HOME: THE RISE OF HOME OFFICE Incidence of the home office on the European office furniture consumption and trends in distribution channels.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE: A breakdown of European office furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by product type (by office furniture and by office seating).
- Northern Europe: Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Norway (NO) and Sweden (SE);
- Western Europe: Belgium (BE), France (FR), Ireland (IE), Netherlands (NL) and the United Kingdom (UK). Unless otherwise specified, figures for Belgium include those for Luxembourg;
- Central Europe (DACH): Germany (DE), Austria (AT) and Switzerland (CH);
- Southern Europe: Greece (GR), Italy (IT), Portugal (PT) and Spain (ES);
- Central-Eastern Europe: Poland (PL), Czech Republic (CZ), Slovakia (SK), Hungary (HU) and Romania (RO), Slovenia (SL), Croatia (HR), Bulgaria (BG), Cyprus (CY), Malta (MT), Estonia (EE), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT).
Europe. Imports of office furniture by product segment 2020. % shares
The Covid-19 epidemic had a great impact on the way people work and affected the office furniture sector. Consumption of office furniture in Europe dropped to around EUR 7.7 billion in 2020. Germany, Poland, and Switzerland are among the largest markets in the area that showed a less marked decrease. The CSIL outlook, however, shows a recovery in Europe's office furniture consumption for the next two years.
The pandemic is expected to produce a reassessment of distribution policies and a partial rethinking of office furniture manufacturers' portfolio. With the increasing number of people working from home, office seating held up better than other products. Also the use of height-adjustable desks increased. To be also pointed out, the rapid expansion of desk screens/free-standing partitions and acoustic booth collections.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY, DEFINITIONS AND NOTES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: KEY FACTORS DRIVING THE OFFICE FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN EUROPE
- 1. MARKET SCENARIO: Trends and figures by country
- Values of office furniture production, consumption, international trade up to 2020, price and openness of the market
- Leading office furniture groups in Europe and market shares
- Current trends and office furniture consumption forecasts 2021 and 2022
- 2. BUSINESS PERFORMANCE: Basic data e and macroeconomic indicators by region and by country
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- Western Europe (Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, the UK)
- Central Europe (DACH: Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain)
- Central-Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia)
- 3. INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE
- Exporters and importers, trade balance by country
- - Exports: by country, segments and Extra-European destinations
- - Imports: by country and segments, provenance
- Chinese imports penetration
- 4. SUPPLY STRUCTURE AND PRODUCT SEGMENTS
- Main figures, production by product type and major players for:
- - Office seating: type and coverings
- - Operative desking
- - Executive furniture
- - Filing systems
- - Walls/partitions and acoustic products
- - Furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas
- Height Adjustable Tables in Europe
- - Height adjustable vs. fixed desks
- - Incidence by main country/region
- - Breakdown of desking supply between fixed and HAT in a sample of companies
- Employment and investment activity
- Sustainability and reuse
- 5. MARKET AND DISTRIBUTION
- Office furniture Sales by distribution channel
- FOCUS: Swivel chairs in Europe
- - Total number of units sold
- - Units sold in the Top markets: France, Germany, Italy, Poland, the UK, Spain and Sweden
- - Brand positioning in the Top markets
- FOCUS: The rise of the Home Office
- - Home office incidence on the European office furniture consumption
- - Distribution channels
- 6. OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS: SALES AND MARKET SHARES BY PRODUCT CATEGORY
- Total sales of office furniture in selected companies
- Production in a sample of companies by product (Office seating, office desking, executive furniture, filing system, walls/partitions and acoustic products, furniture for communal areas)
- 7. OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS: SALES AND MARKET SHARES BY COUNTRY
- Sales of office furniture in a sample of companies by country
- Extra European sales (Russia, Middle-East, Asia-Pacific, North America, Central-South America, Africa)
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE TABLES
- COMPANY NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS FOR AROUND 300 OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Ahrend, Assmann, Buzzi Space, Estel, Flokk, Framery, Haworth, Herman Miller, Interstuhl, Isku, Kinnarps, König + Neurath, Las Mobili, Martela, Narbutas, Nowy Styl, Quadrifoglio, Sedus Stoll, Senator, Sokoa, Steelcase, Topstar-Wagner, Unifor, USM, Vitra, Wilkhahn.
Share this Market Research
- E-Commerce for the office furniture industry
- Home office furniture market in Europe
- The world upholstered furniture industry
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- Office & commercial furniture supply for small business and e-commerce in Europe. The dealer point of view
- The office furniture market in Asia Pacific and China
- The high-end design furniture market
- Office furniture features and workplace trends 2019-2020: a dealer point of view
- Sofa Market in Europe
- The European market for office acoustic solutions