The European market for office furniture
June 2019, XXXI Ed. , 261 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 3898.3
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU02
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The 31st edition of CSIL Research Report The European market for office furniture deeply analyses status and prospects of the office furniture market in Europe (30 countries) through basic data, insights for major players, detailed product categories, distribution channels and office furniture market forecasts up to 2020.
MARKET EVOLUTION AND FIGURES BY COUNTRY: The research offers 2013-2018 value of production, consumption, imports and exports of office furniture and office furniture market scenario for 2019 and 2020 in Europe and for each considered country. Trends in the office furniture prices by country, data on employment and turnover per employee are also provided.
KEY PLAYERS IN THE EUROPEAN OFFICE FURNITURE SECTOR: Sales data and market shares of the leading European office furniture manufacturers. Rankings of company sales are broken down by country and by segment (seating, desking systems, executive office furniture, filing systems/storage, wall-to-wall units, meeting rooms and communal areas). The report also includes addresses of about 300 office furniture companies.
OFFICE FURNITURE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM: The analysis of office furniture distribution channels by country covers: direct sales, office specialists, non-specialists and others. A breakdown of office furniture sales by distribution channel is available for the top companies.
PRODUCT TYPE ANALYSIS: Office furniture production is broken down by product type: seating: operative chairs with or without castors, soft benching/sofas, executive chairs, folding/stackable chairs and stools/other; operative desking systems: adjustable and not adjustable, free-standing and panel based; executive office furniture; filing systems/storage (mass storage and complex archiving systems, Filing drawers/pedestals,lockers, side units/vertical files, bookcases/shelves); walls/partitions and acoustic products (Wall units/high partitions floor to ceiling, equipped walls, mobile/free standing screens&desk screens, acoustic panels/ceiling suspended or wall mounted, acoustic booths/phone booths); furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas.
NEW: This year edition comes with more detailed categories, especially for the seating products and covering types, storage and filing, walls/partitions/acoustic products.
- SWIVEL CHAIRS: a detailed analysis of office seating volumes and brand positioning. The number and the performance of swivel chairs sold in 2017 and 2018 and brand positioning by average "net price" are given for seven major countries (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland and Sweden). Values include both products manufactured in Europe and products imported from extra-European countries.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE TABLES: the report provides a breakdown by fixed and height-adjustable desks, by type of mechanisms, by mechanisms control, main demanding markets/regions, main suppliers of mechanisms and their location.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE: A breakdown of European office furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by product type (by office furniture and by office seating).
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden;
- Western Europe: Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Unless otherwise specified, figures for Belgium include those for Luxembourg;
- Central Europe: Austria and Switzerland;
- Southern Europe: Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain;
- Central-Eastern Europe: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Malta, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.
Europe. Office furniture production
, 2009-2018. Million Eur and % change
The European office furniture production in 2018 peaked to over EUR 9 billion, representing the highest value of the last decade. With a +2.4% increase, if compared to the previous year, it registered the second best performance since 2013. Around 84% of the mentioned value originates in Western Europe and the remaining part is realised in Central Eastern Europe.At industrial level, the sector employed about 73,000 workers of which 43% is kept by the top 50 manufacturers. Over recent years the sector seems to have absorbed the largest part of its overcapacity, but restructuring activity and M&A process continue to impact the industrial organization and employment levels. Increasing market concentration is a main effect of this process.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY, DEFINITIONS AND NOTES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: KEY FACTORS DRIVING THE OFFICE FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN EUROPE
- 1. MARKET SCENARIO: Trends and figures by country
- Production, consumption, international trade, price and openness of the office furniture market
- Leading groups in Europe and market shares
- Current trends and forecasts 2019 and 2020
- 2. BUSINESS PERFORMANCE: Basic data e and macroeconomic indicators by region and by country
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- Western Europe (Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, the UK)
- Central Europe (DACH: Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain)
- Central-Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia)
- 3. INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE
- Exporters and importers, trade balance by country
- - Exports: by country, segments and Extra-European destinations
- - Imports: by country and segments, provenance
- Chinese imports penetration
- 4. THE SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- Main figures, production by product type and major players for:
- - Office seating: type and coverings
- - Operative desking: type, structure and worktop material
- - Executive furniture
- - Filing systems: type and materials
- - Walls/partitions and acoustic products: type and materials
- - Furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas
- FOCUS ON: Height Adjustable Tables in Europe
- - Height adjustable vs. fixed desks
- - Incidence by country/region
- - Top producers
- - Mechanisms and controls
- - Production and suppliers
- Employment and investment activity
- 5. DISTRIBUTION AND PRICES
- Office furniture Sales by distribution channel
- FOCUS ON: Swivel chairs
- - Total number of units sold
- - Units sold in the Top markets: France, Germany, Italy, Poland, the UK, Spain and Sweden
- - Brand positioning in the Top markets
- 6. COMPANY MARKET SHARES BY PRODUCT
- Total sales of office furniture
- Production in a sample of companies by segment (Office seating, office desking, executive furniture, filing system, walls/partitions and acoustic products, furniture for communal areas)
- 7. COMPANY MARKET SHARES BY COUNTRY
- Sales of office furniture in a sample of companies by country
- Extra European sales (Russia, Middle-East, Asia-Pacific, North America, Central-South America, Africa)
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE TABLES
- COMPANY NAME AND CONTACTS FOR OVER 300 OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Steelcase, Kinnarps, Nowy Styl, Ahrend Group, Haworth Europe, Herman Miller Europe, Narbutas, Sedus Stoll, Senator
Share this Market Research
- The office furniture market in India
- Office furniture features and workplace trends 2019-2020: a dealer point of view
- Office furniture: world market outlook
- The office furniture market in North America. The United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Trends in the European Office Market: the Dealer's Point of View