The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
March 2018, VII Ed. , 189 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2600.00 / US$ 2895.88
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU12
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The seventh edition of the CSIL report The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe provides a comprehensive picture of the European contract furniture market with a focus on 17 countries (Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom).
SCENARIO AND PERFORMANCE BY COUNTRY
- Evolution of the contract furniture market to 2017: overall production and consumption, production and consumption by destination segment, production by product category. Market share on total production for leading groups.
- Country analysis: production and consumption of contract furniture and macroeconomic indicators are provided for each considered country.
- The European contract furniture market is broken down by destination segment: Retail (Mass market and Luxury shops); Hospitality; Office spaces; Restaurants and bars; Real estate; Education and Entertainment; Marine; Healthcare; Airports.
- For each segment the report includes the analysis of key specific demand drivers, market features and projects.
THE COMPETITIVE SYSTEM
- Contract funiture sales, overall and by destination segment, are provided for a selection of leading companies.
- Competition by product: Contract furniture sales are also provided for a sample of companies by product category (Bathroom furniture, Bedroom furniture and mattresses, Kitchen furniture, Lighting fixtures, Office furniture, Outdoor furniture, Tables and chairs, Upholstered furniture).
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS: A set of financial indicators (Operating Revenue –Turnover-, Added Value, P/L for Period -Net Income-, Shareholders Funds, Cash Flow, ROI, ROE, EBITDA margin, EBIT margin, Solvency Ratio, Current Ratio, Number of Employees, Turnover per Employee, Added value per Employee) are reported for 52 companies operating in contract furniture business.
ANNEX: Short profiles for over 120 leading contract furniture companies; Contact details for over 450 furniture and furnishings producers/contractors and for around 160 architects and design studios (European and extra-European); List of the first 300 hotel companies at global level, of relevant international fairs and international magazines.
European contract furniture production: breakdown for the major segments, 2017
Over 60% of contract furniture sales made by European companies are in the Retail, Hospitality and Office segments.
The hospitality industry in particular continues to be the main locomotive of the contract furniture and furnishing sector. The number of hotel rooms under contract increased by 18% in 2016 and Europe reported 77,263 rooms in 471 projects under construction for that year.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- 1. SCENARIO
- Market evolution and figures by segment
- - Production and consumption of contract furniture and furnishings in Europe and by country
- - Production of contract furniture by kind (Soft contract and Turn key)
- - Production and consumption of contract furniture by destination segment
- - Production of contract furniture by product category
- Leading groups in Europe and market shares
- 2. PERFORMANCE BY COUNTRY
- Consumption of contract furniture and furnishings by geographical area (Northern Europe, Central Europe, Western Europe, Southern Europe)
- For each considered country (Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK):
- - Consumption of contract furniture and furnishings
- - Macroeconomic indicators and forecasts
- 3. MARKET SEGMENTS
- - Retail (mass market and luxury): Demand drivers, Market features and Projects
- - Hospitality: Demand drivers, Market features and Projects
- - Office space: Demand drivers, Market features and Projects
- - Restaurants and bars: Demand drivers and Projects
- - Real estate: Demand drivers and Projects
- - Education and Entertainment: Demand drivers and Projects
- - Marine: Demand drivers, Market features and Projects
- - Healthcare: Demand drivers and Projects
- - Airports: Demand drivers an Projects
- 4. COMPETITION BY SEGMENT
- Total contract furniture sales
- - Contract funiture sales in a sample of companies
- Contract furniture sales by destination segment
- - Contract furniture sales in a sample of companies by segment
- 5. COMPETITION BY PRODUCT CATEGORY
- Contract furniture sales in a sample of companies by product (Bathroom furniture and equipment, Bedroom furniture and mattresses, Kitchen furniture, Lighting fixtures, Office furniture, Outdoor furniture, Tables and chairs, Upholstered furniture)
- 6. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Financial indicators of companies operating in contract furniture business
- 7. ANNEX
- Considered companies, architects and design studios, hotel companies, international fairs and magazines
Selected companies mentioned:
Ahrend, Brunner, C + P Möbelsystem, Cefla, Dula-Werke, Fourfront, HMY Hermes Metal & Yudigar, Input Interiör, ISG, Isku, Itab Shop Concept, Kinnarps, Morris & Spottiswood, Nobia, Overbury, Poltrona Frau, Stamhuis, Umdasch Shop Fitting, Villeroy & Boch, Vitra
Share this Market Research
- Upholstered furniture: world market outlook 2019
- The world mattress industry
- The European market for office furniture
- Sofa Market in Europe
- The European market for lighting fixtures. Part I
- Furniture distribution in Europe
- The upholstered furniture market in the United States
- The European Market for outdoor furniture
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Saudi Arabia
- The upholstered furniture industry in Central-Eastern Europe