The mattress market in China
October 2018, V Ed. , 115 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1782.08
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S64
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report provides a detailed overview of the mattress market in China, current size and forecasts up to 2020, enhanced by historical trends, international trade data, analysis of the production and the distribution systems and information on major players. The study has been carried out involving direct interviews with Chinese and international mattress manufacturers operating in China.
New in this year edition: A special focus on the US and the Japanese mattress markets, which are the two most important outlet markets for Chinese exports.
The focus includes for each of the two markets:
- Basic data on the mattress sector
- Mattress consumption forecasts
- Chinese penetration on the US/Japan mattress markets
- Mattress import from China by filling materials: foam, innerspring mattress
The Chinese mattress production is analysed by including historical series in value and volume and a benchmark with major mattress producing countries in the world. The mattress production in China is broken down by:
- Filling materials (innersprings and non-innersprings)
- Major producing areas
The analysis of the mattress production system is completed with a selection of leading industry suppliers for filling materials, mattress machineries and innerspring units.
The Chinese mattress market analysis provides a global view within the major markets for mattress consumption. The analysis is carried out through data on local major demand determinants (disposable income, population, urbanization, investments in residential and non-residential building). Consumers' trends and preferences are also indicated.
An in-depth analysis of the competitive system identifies the leading Chinese manufacturers by mattress production, sales and exports. Updated company profiles of top 35 manufacturers set forth data on total company's turnover, number of employees, export share, mattress turnover, manufacturing plants localization and company's distribution channels. The competitive system analysis identifies also a selection of leading international mattress manufacturers operating on the Chinese market, providing the description of their distribution strategies.
The supply structure of the Chinese mattress industry is analysed by degree of specialization, workforce (number of employees), filling materials and price segmentation (super premium, premium and mass markets). A selection of leading Chinese mattress manufacturers active in each segment is provided.
Mattress imports and exports are broken down by country and by geographical region of origin/destination.
The chapter on the mattress distribution system offers the analysis of the major sales channels for mattresses and their trends, including short profiles of the leading furniture chains. A focus on the hospitality segment includes data and trends on the hotel room stock and a list of major mattress manufacturers serving the hospitality segment.
Around 250 addresses of key operators among which manufacturers, suppliers and retailers, are included, with company's addresses, website, email contacts and product portfolio.
China. Exports of mattress by destination countries,
2012-2017. US$ million
One of the main engines for the development of the Chinese mattress sector has been the growth of international trade. China is the world's largest mattress exporter, representing about one third of global mattress exports. For more than 10 major global mattress markets, China is the top provider of mattresses. Among them, it is worth mentioning the USA, which is the largest outlet market for Chinese mattresses, absorbing 60% of China's mattress exports in 2017. Other large markets that source mattresses predominantly from China are Australia, Japan and South Korea.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- 0. INTRODUCTION
- Data gathering and processing methodology
- 1. Executive Summary
- Production, exports, imports, consumption of Mattress in China, 2009-2018
- 2. Mattress Production
- - Mattres Production in China. 2009-2018. US$ million
- - Global Mattress Production by major producing countries, 2017
- - Mattress production in China. Millions of units, 2012-2018
- Production of mattress by region, 2017
- - Mattress manufacturers' facilities in a sample of companies
- Mattress production by filling materials
- - Innerspring, non-innerspring mattresses, 2017
- Selected mattress industry suppliers
- 3. International Trade
- China. Imports and export of mattresses by country and by geographical area, 2012-2017. US$ million and Percentage values
- The US and Japanese mattress markets
- - The mattress sector. Basic data. 2008-2017
- - Mattress consumption forecasts. 2019, 2020
- - Chinese penetratio on the US mattress market, 2008-2017. Percentage
- - Mattress import from China by filling materials, 2008-2017. US$ million
- 4. The Mattress Market
- Mattres Consumption in China, 2009-2018. US$ million
- - Global Mattress Consumption by major markets, 2017
- Demand determinants
- Mattress consumption forecast, 2019-2020
- 5. The competitive system
- Leading manufacturers: mattress production
- Leading manufacturers: domestic mattress sales
- Leading manufacturers: mattress exports
- Profiles of leading Chinese manufacturers
- Foreign companies: profiles of leading mattress manufacturers
- 6. Supply structure
- Degrees of specialization
- Employment in the mattress industry
- Filling materials: innerspring, non-innerspring
- Price segmentation
- 7. Distribution System
- - A selection of leading Chinese mattress manufacturers: number and type of stores served, 2017
- Short profiles of leading furniture chains operating in China
- Contract segment
- 8. Trade Fairs
- ANNEX 1. Wealth distribution: focus on the luxury segment
- ANNEX 2. LIST OF MANUFACTURERS and RETAILERS
- ANNEX 3. LIST OF SUPPLIERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Aidi, Airland, Aishu, Aris, Bayi, Dazhiran, De Rucci Beddings, EON Living, Fengyang, Goodnight Home Furniture, Healthcare-Mlily, Homey Industrial Group, Huaweimei Furniture, Jason Furniture-Kuka, Jiaxing Yuan Chang Furniture-Mellkit, King Koil, Lianle Bedding, Man Wah, Mengshen, Quanyou Furniture, Red Apple, Relux Mattress, Royale Furniture, Shenyang Mengbao, Shenzhen Hengang Industries, Shenzhen Yuanchao Household Goods - CBD, Sinomax, Somnus Furniture, Steel Land, Suibao Eurasia Mattress & Furniture, Sweet Night, Wei Lan Mattress Furniture-Weland, Xilinmen Group-Sleemon, Yantai Jisi, Zinus
Share this Market Research