Furniture retailing in Europe
January 2020, XV Ed. , 271 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2900.00 / US$ 3177.82
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU09
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
Around one-fifth of world home furniture consumption takes place in Western Europe which makes it a large and profitable market boasting around 424 million consumers. Per capita spending on furniture purchases is higher than the world average.
CSIL Market Research Report Furniture retailing in Europe offers a comparative analysis of the home furniture distribution in 13 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom) with trends in home furniture consumption, market forecasts, data by country, analysis by distribution channel, retail formats and sales performances of leading home furniture retailers.
This study aims to explore the main structural changes affecting the sector (i.e. concentration process and the impact of large scale organized specialist distribution), the market share evolution of the home furniture distribution channels (i.e. independent furniture stores versus organized specialist distribution), country peculiarities, new approaches and strategies (i.e. multichannel marketing), policies and initiatives affecting the competition in the market and the leading furniture retailers.
STRUCTURE OF THE REPORT:
- Section One . Home furniture market performance and forecasts in Western Europe, demand determinants, home furniture consumption by segment, furniture market trends in prices and products, distribution channels structure and a selection of leading furniture retailers operating in Western Europe.
- Section Two. For each country: home furniture market trends, furniture imports, furniture segments, furniture distribution channels, detailed company profiles of the leading furniture retailers operating on the reference markets. Profiles include data on total revenues, estimated home furniture revenues, employees and number of stores; type of retailing format; product specialization; brands; product portfolio; online sales; price range; other additional information. General contact details are also provided.
CSIL worked on an extensive data gathering, including market data and detailed figures for around 285 retailers (the main actors operating in Western Europe).
Over 500 furniture retailers and buying groups, of which 144 with detailed profile are mentioned in the study.
Home furniture market is broken down by distribution channel: Organized specialist distributors (furniture chains, franchises, buying groups); Independent furniture retailers; Non specialist distributors (department stores, multi-stores, DIY, e-commerce); Other (direct sales and craftsmen).
Products included: Kitchen furniture, Upholstered furniture, Dining and living rooms, Non-upholstered seats, Bedrooms, Mattresses, Other furniture.
Timeframe considered: 2009-2019 (preliminary data) and market forecasts for 2020 and 2021.
Western Europe (13). Market concentration, 2013 and 2018. Market shares of the top 5, top 10 and top 15 operators
Western Europe claims around one fifth of the world home furniture consumption which makes it a large and profitable market, boasting around 424 million consumers, with higher than the world average per capita spending on furniture. In the last years, Western European market has been increasing fast its openness degree and, currently, over 30% of Western European home furniture demand is satisfied by imports from extra-WE countries.
The home furniture retailing sector in Western Europe is increasingly concentrated and in general, it is more concentrated than furniture manufacturing. According to CSIL estimates, the top 15 retailing companies generate around 26% of the total value of the Western European market. The increase in the level of concentration is due to the good performances, acquisitions, agreements and the growth in market shares of ?giants? and other large furniture chains.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY AND SCOPES OF THE REPORT
- FURNITURE RETAILING IN WESTERN EUROPE
- Executive Summary
- Home furniture market performance 2009-2019
- - Market dynamic (macro-economic indicators, furniture consumption at factory prices, home furniture consumption at retail prices, private consumption and GDP, construction Investments by sector)
- - Countries overview (home furniture consumption at retail prices broken down by country)
- - Furniture market forecasts 2020-2021
- Import penetration
- - Breakdown of Western European imports from extra-WE areas: Central Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific and others
- - Home furniture imports. Top 10 extra-WE home furniture suppliers
- Home furniture segments
- - Consumption by segment (Kitchen furniture Upholstered furniture, Bedroom furniture, Furniture for dining and living rooms, Mattresses, Non-Upholstered seats)
- Market trends
- - Prices and Products
- Home furniture distribution channels
- - Business demography, Retailer definition (pure and mixed businesses), Trends
- - Home furniture consumption by distribution channel
- - Market concentration and market shares of the top operators
- Leading furniture retailers in Western Europe
- - Breakdown by country, by retailing format, by product specialization, by online sales.
- Selection of leading furniture retailers operating in Western Europe
- ANALYSIS BY COUNTRY: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- For each considered country:
- Home furniture market and performance
- - Home furniture consumption at retail prices, Home furniture imports, Trend in home furniture prices
- - Home furniture consumption by segment
- Home furniture distribution channels
- - Home furniture sales by distribution channel
- Leading furniture retailers
- - Profiles of leading furniture retailers
- - Other furniture retailers operating in the country
- Forecasts, demand determinants and market opportunities
- Home furniture imports
Selected companies mentioned:
Amazon, Argos, Bolia, Conforama, Dänisches Bettenlager, Dwell, El Corte Inglés, Fournier, Furniture Village, Habitat, Howden Joinery, IKEA, Interio, John Lewis, Jysk, Leiner-Kika, Maisons du Monde, Mondo Convenienza, Otto Living, Porta, Roche Bobois, Roller, Schmidt, Segmüller, Sofology, Tejo, Wren Living, XXXLutz
Share this Market Research
- World furniture outlook 2020
- E-commerce for the furniture industry
- The Furniture Industry in Europe
- The high-end design furniture market
- Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide
- Sofa Market in Europe
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- The European market for RTA furniture
- Furniture distribution in Europe. Part II