Furniture distribution in Europe. Part II
November 2008, I Ed. , 127 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1800.00 / US$ 2154.24
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU.15
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
Consumption of home furniture in the new EU Member States amount to about Euro 6.1 billion over 80% of which is absorbed by Poland, the Czech Republic, Romania and Hungary.
Looking at the distribution system in Eastern Europe we can see that in recent years there has been considerable growth in the weight of the large-scale specialist retail trade. In this channel by far the largest share of turnover is generated by the chains, while franchised networks are still not very developed and play a much more modest role, and the same can be said of the buying associations. Many of the chains made their entries on the markets being studied in the Nineties, but the presence of big international names in distribution has been gradually intensifying.
This report offers a comparative analysis of home furniture distribution in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania), providing trends in home furniture consumption, distribution channels, market shares, retail formats, home furniture imports and short company profiles.
For each country home furniture consumption is broken down according to distribution channel: furniture chains, franchises, buying groups; independent furniture retailers; non-specialist distributors (department stores, multi-stores, hypermarkets, DIY, mail order); direct sales and craftsmen. The analysis of furniture distribution by product/segment covers: upholstered furniture and kitchen furniture.
Home furniture imports are broken down by country, geographical area and product (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, dining and living room furniture, bedroom furniture, non-upholstered seats and other furniture).
Short profiles of major home furniture distributors with analyses of sales performances and market shares are also available.
Major furniture trade fairs are also analyzed.
The addresses of about 140 furniture distributors mentioned in the report are also included.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Economic overview
- Home furniture consumption
- Macroeconomic indicators
- GDP, inflation and private consumption 2007 and forecasts 2008-2009
- Home furniture imports
- Home furniture. Consumption and per capita consumption at retail prices
- Home furniture. Consumption and imports/consumption ratio
- Demand factors and development of furniture retail
- Home furniture. Imports by country and by area of origin
- Home furniture. Imports by segment: Upholstered furniture, Bedroom furniture, Kitchen furniture
- Times and costs of import procedures
- Home furniture distribution channels
- Marriage rate and building permits
- Municipalities with the highest number of dwellings completed
- Furniture, lighting equipment and household article. Total stores and number of inhabitants per store
- Supply process
- Furniture distribution channels
- Structure of the supply chain
- Breakdown of home furniture distributors by provenance
- Retail formats
- Opening of the first sales outlet in a sample of specialist operators
- Leading furniture distributors
- Home furniture. Distribution channels
- Specialist furniture distributors
- Non-specialist furniture distributors
- Home furniture. Total sales and number of stores in a sample of specialist distributors
- Trade fairs
- Home furniture. Total sales and number of stores in a sample of specialist distributors and DIY companies
- Estimated furniture sales of leading distributors
- Addresses of mentioned companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Leiner-Kika, Ikea Group, Abra, Meble Agata, Top Shop, Conforama, Castorama, Praktiker, Leroy Merlin, OBI, Nomi, Domus, Kika, Sconto, Home Center, Baumax, Bricostore, Asko Nabytek, Sconto Nabytek, Jena Nabytek, Europa Mobel, Mobexpert, Neoset, Silvarom, Elvila, Casa Italia, Der Kreis, Atlas, Europa Möbel, Lutz Group, Carrefour, Metro Group.
Share this Market Research