Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in the United Kingdom
November 2008, III Ed. , 104 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 4000.00 / US$ 4726.8
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: AP.1
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report provides a qualitative and quantitative study of the distribution of built-in appliances in the United Kingdom as well as an analysis of the trade satisfaction of the main brands of built-in appliances present in the British market. The research also includes an overview of the British kitchen furniture market providing data on production, consumption, international trade, distribution, prices, sales and market share of the leading kitchen furniture manufacturers.
Distribution flows of built-in appliances are analysed by customer type (wholesalers, large appliances chains, DIY chains, builder merchants and builders, buying groups, e-commerce, appliances retailers, kitchen furniture retailers).
As far as the product is concerned (hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators, dishwashing machines), the report provides a breakdown by product type, reference prices as well as ranking of main brands.
Brand image analysis is based on strengths and weaknesses pointed out for each built-in appliances' brand according to the following criteria: frequency/easy approach with the supplier, front staff professionalism, punctuality in delivery, after sales technical assistance, price/quality, aesthetic qualities of product/design, wide range of products and models, innovation, brand fame/advertising, availability of merchandising material.
Covered brands: AEG, Ariston, Baumatic, Beko, Belling, Blanco, Bosch, Candy, Caple, Cata, CDA, De Dietrich, Electrolux, Elica, Essentials, Fagor, Falcon, Falmec, Gaggenau, Guttman, Hoover, Hotpoint, Indesit, Kompact, Kuppersbusch, Leisure, Liebherr, Luxair, Maytag, Miele, Neff, New World, Premium, Samsung, Serena, Siemens, Smeg, Stoves, Sub Zero, Technik, Teka, Viking, Whirlpool, White Westinghouse, Wolf, Zanussi.
The research is based on 70 interviews with a selected sample of built-in appliance distributors, kitchen furniture producers and distributors, and other opinion leaders.
Addresses of around 70 British manufacturers and distributors of built-in appliances and kitchen furniture mentioned in the report are also provided.
Among the covered products: built-in appliances, kitchen furniture, cooking appliances (hobs, ovens), hoods, refrigerators, dishwashing machines.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Scope of the research and methodology
- 1.2 Introductory data and macroeconomics
- 2. THE KITCHEN FURNITURE MARKET
- 2.1 Kitchen consumption
- 2.2 International trade
- 2.3 Distribution channels
- 2.4 Kitchens and built in appliances
- 2.5 The leading kitchen furniture companies
- 3. THE BUILT-IN APPLIANCES MARKET
- 3.1 Size of the built-in market
- 3.2 International trade
- 4. BUILT-IN APPLIANCES DISTRIBUTION
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 The built-in appliances distribution in a sample of companies
- 5. PRODUCT BREAKDOWN
- 5.1 Built-in hobs and ovens
- 5.2 Hoods
- 5.3 Dishwashers
- 5.4 Refrigerators
- 6. BRAND IMAGE ANALYSIS
- 6.1 Built-in appliances brands
- 6.2 The brand analysis: an overview
- 6.3 BSH Group
- 6.4 Indesit Group
- 6.5 Electrolux Group
- 6.6 Other brands
- 6.7 Hood specialists
- APPENDIX 1:Questionnaire used in the survey
- APPENDIX 2:List of the mentioned companies
Selected companies mentioned:
A T Blackman & Son, A&T Appliances, Allied Kingswood, Appliance Giants, Arien Distribution, Ask Distribution, B&Q Kingfisher, Barras Home Improvements, BGH Bern-stein Group Holdings, Callerton House, Castles Kitchens, Chalfont Kitchens & Bedrooms, Charles Yorke, Comet Group, Commodore Kitchens, Contessa Kitchens, Coun-tryside Kitchens, Crown Imperial, DBD Distribution, DSG International, Elizabeth Ann Studios, Everest, Gallery Kitchens & Bedrooms, Gower Furniture, Hibberd Distribution, Homebase, Homeform Group, Homestyle Group, Howdens Joinery, Hubble Constantine, J&J Ormerod, John Lewis of Hungerford, JT Ellis, KDS Appliances, Leaker Direct, Magnet, Manhattan Furniture (Dennis & Robinson), Manor Cabinet, Maple Industries t/a Kitchens, Mark Two, Mark Wilkinson Furniture, Maurice Lay Distributors (Caple), Mereway, MFI Retail, MKD Moben Kitchens, Moores Furniture Group, NOW Group, Omega International Group, Paula Rosa, Pepper Kitchens, PJH Group, Premium Appliance Brands, Price Kitchens, Regency Group, Rixonway Kitchens, Sigma 3, Smallbone, Swift Electrical Wholesalers, Symphony Group, The Kitchen Studio, TKD, Tradestyle Cabinets, Treyone Woodcraft, Waterline Wickes, Building Supplies, William Ball
Share this Market Research
- The European market for kitchen furniture
- Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
- The European market for kitchen furniture
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Italy
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in the United Kingdom
- The major household appliances market in India
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Russia
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Spain
- The major household appliances market in China