Australia. The furniture industry
September 2005, III Ed. , 86 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 490.00 / US$ 542.77
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W9.AU
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report provides trends in furniture production and furniture consumption in Australia. Imports and exports of furniture are analysed as well as furniture distribution systems and furniture prices. Data on Australian furniture producers and distributors are provided.
Furniture production is broken down by product (kitchen furniture, bedrooms, other home furniture, office furniture, contract furniture) and by state. Data on the most representative Australian furniture manufacturers include: turnover, employees, segment of activity.
Furniture consumption is broken down by product (bedrooms, dining rooms, garden furniture, other home furniture) and by state. A profile of the Australian furniture consumer is outlined. The analysis of furniture distribution channels comprises: specialist dealers and retailers, department stores, large furniture retailers, discount stores.
Furniture exports and imports are broken down by country and product (office furniture, kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture, bedroom and living room furniture, non-upholstered seats, seats parts, other furniture, furniture parts).
Opportunities on the Australian market are examined and prospects for the furniture market are provided. The main wood and furniture fairs are presented.
The wood and forestry industry is also considered: consumption, production and import-export data are provided for the main semi-finished wood products (sawnwood, wood-based panels, plywood, veneer sheets, particle board panels, fibreboard panels, MDF).
Addresses of about 120 companies mentioned in the report are also included.
Among the considered products: office furniture, contract furniture, household furniture, home furniture, kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture, bedrooms, dining rooms, living rooms, outdoor furniture, garden furniture, lounge, non-upholstered seats, seating, seats parts, furniture parts, metal furniture, wooden furniture, sawnwood, wood-based panels, plywood, veneer sheets, particle board panels, fibreboard panels, MDF (medium density fibreboard), wood working machinery.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Australia: furniture industry summary
- Furniture production, consumption, imports, exports, 1996-2004
- Economic indicators, furniture consumption forecasts, main furniture trading partners
- Australia: forest resources, semi-finished wood products, technology
- Forest resources basic data
- Production, imports, exports and consumption of semi-finished wood products
- Woodworking machinery imports and exports
- Sector fairs
- The Australian furniture sector: basic data and performance
- Trends in the furniture sector (1996-2004): production, consumption, imports, exports
- Furniture supply structure
- Furniture production by product and area
- Furniture consumption by product
- Consumer prices, 1995-2004
- Government policies
- Australia: furniture demand and distribution channels
- Factors determining the demand for furniture
- Furniture distribution channels
- Home furniture sales by distribution channel
- Company profiles of leading furniture distributors
- Furniture fairs in Australia
- Australia: leading furniture companies
- Major furniture manufacturers:
- - turnover, employees, product type, exports, materials, market segment, distribution channel
- Company profiles of leading furniture manufacturers
- Australia: international trade of furniture
- Furniture exports and imports by country and product:
- - office furniture
- - kitchen furniture
- - upholstered furniture
- - non-upholstered seats
- - bedroom furniture
- - seats parts
- - furniture parts
- Australian trade policy
- Customs tariffs, 1987-2005
- Free trade agreements between:
- - Australia and Thailand
- - Australia and USA
- - Australia and Singapore
- addresses of about 120 furniture companies
Share this Market Research